It’s almost time to start asking the burly guys in our group of family and friends if they like free cold beer. And pizza. Yeah that: cold beer and pizza. We might even throw in some cheesy sticks. All because we need help loading and consequently, unloading trucks.
Yes, we are expecting to move me in during May! Can you believe it? This has been a long and difficult process! We are ready to get it over with.
1) I am moving in first. Ninja Man will come often but mostly on weekends until he retires. He wants to retire every single day. I said I’ll have twice as much husband and half as much money. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat.
2) why I’m moving before him is we have a 2 year old grandLittle who has cancer and I’m 1/2 of her care team. The 3.5 hour drive is difficult from our CAMPER to her house so Six Little Acres is only minutes from my daughter and it’s a great place to retire.
3) Yes, I said CAMPER. We rented our Savannah home out so we would be financially better able to navigate this storm. We moved into our 5th wheel RV last August. We aren’t seeing any increase in funds between the travel and home renovation, plus the storage unit bills and rent at the RV park. It’s almost a wash but since last August we were able to see if we like “living” in the RV. It’s no secret: This one of us is over it.
4) AND there are so many hoops to jump through before we can live there. Trim has to be in. There’s a dip along the back of the house that needs a dirt wall. We need to paint the exterior.
BUT DEAR READERS: We have electricity and water! We even have a working heat and air system. Y’all. I was just delighted when we could flush! So you can imagine how exciting it is to flip a light switch and have lights now and then.
I’m actually AT the children’s hospital now- its chemo week- so I’ll just toss some quick photos that my FSIL took. FSIL= favorite son in law y’all. Ninja Man working on the kitchenthis. THIS Y’ALL! There’s lighting! And water! And flooring! And appliances! Now THIS 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻 is the master bath vanity. It looks better now that all the plumbing has been installed. Grumpy Plumber is all done and we are hoping he is not so grumpy anymore. Ninja Man helped me and the FSIL paint the EBR. That’s Six Little Acres slag for “Emotional Baggage Room”. It’s a huge multipurpose room that is suitable for a variety of activities such as:
- Sleeping with those windows open
- Gathering for church or crafting events
- Sending Ninja Man out there to do whatever I think or he thinks needs doing.
See how special this room is? Yeah, it’s big: 14X44 and Pinterest is even baffled. A bowling alley? Maybe. So if you’ve been a follower of my blog, you’ll know that saloon doors were planned for the master bedroom. We nixed that idea when Ninja Man was going to have to rebuild the entire opening. The phone call went something like this:
Ninja: “I’m gonna have to rebuild that opening.”
Me: “Nah, just stick a door in there. We just need to get me moved. We can change it later.”
Ninja Man was so delighted he went and got a door that very day. THAT’S the secret to staying married during the stressful times! Just downshift and go the speed limit. Ain’t nobody in a big hurry to be right or to get what they want. Just chill out. It will happen or it won’t. Baby cancer? Now THAT is something to dig your heels into and fight for all it’s worth. But a door? Nah. That’s nothing. Gee whiz, my tolerance barometer goes way, way up now. Ninja Man and I LOVE LOVE LOVE technology. He was ECSTATIC to get this system installed that uses an app (Wink) to run cameras, lights, HVAC and I’m not even sure what else. I told him don’t be messin with those lights when I’m here at night. I might not be a good sport about it.
I have also told my kids that if they ever send me to a nursing home, it better have perfect wifi so I can post all over YouTube. I do love me some technology. Meanwhile, Ninja Man has promised to teach me how to use the new system. Ok, truth is, he has already TRIED to teach me but I’m going to watch the tutorials – I think we will stay married longer if I do.
So we are almost there. The outside is still BU-TTHUGLY as we haven’t done anything out there. Daughter says it’s a “sleeper”- looks cruddy outside and gorgeous inside! And that’s the way it will have to be until we slowly get it where we want it.
I’m beyond excited to move back to our home town and am just waiting for that day in May. Or will it be June….. time will tell.
Thanks for stopping by!
Please pray for Baby Wren #hopeforwren