Last week THESE didn’t pass inspection. There are MANY issues with these two sets of steps – including wood that isn’t supposed to touch the ground, handrails too wide and steps that are too far apart- and although they we given the specifications, the guys who built them didn’t look at any county requirements before taking our money and running. We DID require them to meet with the inspector and do what he said, and we thought that’s what happened but when the inspector came last week, he called out so many issues it made my head spin.
“Bring those guys back!” You might say. Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit, but just before they left they forgot how to speak English.
I’m sure that can happen- like maybe they hit each other with some of those 4X4’s, or the sun baked that part of the brain that stores foreign languages, or maybe, just maybe, they never ever (in the year plus that we were dealing with them) COULD speak English and in my baby chemo stupor, I just imagined it all.
Whatever possessed them to take advantage of us I’ll never know – but one thing is for sure, God knows us well. He knows that we needed every bit of help we could get and He will continue to bless us as we figure out how to rebuild those steps ourselves. FAITH, people! Won’t it be cool to see how God gets us through this? I mean JESUS WAS A CARPENTER- so as one can imagine, I’m pretty excited to see how this gets worked out.
Beyond that, the inspector said we have to paint all the exterior plus caulk and trim where needed. Now THAT I can do.
But y’all. Another area of contention is the dirt moving. We have to dig down a bit more.
But all is not sucky, bad, heartbreaking and dismal here at Six Little Acres- oh no it’s not!
Here are some of the good things happening:
- We are doing as much as we can as often as we can and our daughter and FSIL are helping.
- Ninja Man had to leave the country but has returned and brought me airplane pajamas (who doesn’t want a pair of THOSE?!?!)
- Ninja Man fell off the ladder and popped right back up again. (Hence “Ninja”)
- We had both son and daughter (and her family) here helping last night.
- I mowed (and mowed and mowed) so the yard is only half ugly now. (Still construction debris hanging around)
- I almost finished the wallpaper in the kitchen – there’s a wee bit more to do once the under cabinet lights are installed. Here’s our FS (favorite son) helping with some hardware- handsome fella, huh?
Now I know those stairs are bugging y’all. They bug me too- but I have absolute faith that even if I have to do them myself, God will provide what I need – even if it’s YouTube and a box of Band-Aids. We can. We REALLY can.
Faith y’all, that’s what it’s all about. Those steps, that dirt and some finishes on the exterior and we can move in.
We are sooooo close. And SO very blessed. Please subscribe and watch for another post about the GATHERINGS here at Six Little Acres. It’s coming soon.
And please “like” baby Wren’s Facebook page: Hope for Wren. She’s the reason we have seen so much of God’s blessings this past year.
Thanks for stopping by!